Skip to main content

101 South: Artic Park and Seaside

We started our road trip on Saturday at 9:30am at the Source in Kingsgate Mall. If you are an old man this is a great place to meet other old men and drink coffee. I found myself as an old man - I was the one with the ice-cream cone. Anywho, we needed to get a DC to AC auto inverter so we could charge our laptops and toys in the truck. It was on sale for $30 -so I got the $5 warranty and we should be charging for life! (fingers crossed)

 Now, which border do we take? I had the border wait times on my phone and checked them as we drove. Any way looked like a bad way. I came up with a plan. I thought, we will just go to the truck crossing, I will drive right through to the Duty Free, pee, and sneak in the front. Well, that is a scam! We felt good cruising past all the cars that were lined up through the intersection. We got to the Duty Free, peed, got jerky and licorice, and headed for the exit. Where we were flagged into a line and parked for the next 68 minutes. We played with our phones, I peed again, and we tried not to think about the line. It was like a ferry line with rows of parked cars waiting for the next ferry. Anywho, why am I waisting time talking about the most boring part of the trip so far? We made it through and hit the road!
 Parked at the Pac Duty Free
 We made it in the back in the line! 
 Yes! Almost our turn. Oh ya... the border guy asked to see my right arm - without my sleeve. Did he know I have a tattoo? I guess they were looking for someone who looked like me? It wasn't me and away we went. 
 We made our first stop for breakfast/ lunch at the Olive Garden in Tulalip but the wait was 25 minutes. I peed and we left. We saw the Taco Del Mar on our way out and decided that would be a nice alternative to waiting. We had mondos on a bench outside the steamy insides of the Taco Del Mar.
 We drove past Seattle. Hi Crab Pot!! 

 Our first gas stop was at The Commons. 
 It was light on empty. It is $65 at home. 

 Is this a nuclear power plant? YIKES! 
 We turned right instead of left on the 101 and drove through Cosmopolis and Aberdeen, Washington. Did Kurt live here?  
 Maybe here? 
 He lived somewhere here. 
 We made our destination and stop spot for the night: Artic Park. Here is our camping spot. 
 Here is the pub where we ate dinner. 

 I think dad would like it here. 
 Here is another view of the pub. 
 Horseshoes off the back deck. 
 See, Dad would like it here. Lot's of trees. 
 There was a family who had a racoon as a pet in the pub. Yup - it was just like home! hahaha! 
 We woke up, cleaned up and headed back on the road. South on the 101. What a fun road to drive. 
 They are fixing up the bridge that enters Oregon via Astoria. 
 It was one lane traffic across the bridge. 

 Seaside, Oregon and the handrail that Jonny wants to do. We are sitting here now. This is the view out of the window. We had the breakfast buffet at The Shilo Inn. We are sitting looking out the window at the beach. It is pretty awesome. The sin is starting to peak through a bit more now. I went on the swings before we came in here and I will go on them again. 


That is all I got for now!

Here are some more photos from Jonny's device. 
 Here is me swinging in Seaside. 
 I love swings, especially swings that look out at waves. There should be swing sets on all beaches. Or swing chairs! 
 The back of the Artic Park pub. 
Some man's bathroom scrawl.
Movie night in the cozy truck at Artic Park - popcorn and everything.
Awww!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

California Dreaming Summer 2023

VIDEO LINK: Video PHOTO ALBUM LINK:  Photo Album

Ankle Day 13

It costs 30 000Rp for half an hour to use the computer at this hotel! I pay like 2 000 back by my old place. It bugs me that it is so expensive... but I guess I am paying for convenience. I am stuck. I can't run away and I can't do what I want when I want. I am dependent on other people and it is great that I have those people.. but I am so independent.. that it is ... sucking in my brain. Ya know? I AM the kid who will run home and go to bed when she is done. I can't do that now. I have to wait or ruin people's fun. WHA! hahaha.. I am fine. Everyday is getting better and today is off to the doctor. It will be Sam's first time meeting Dr. Brown! Today at 12 is also the last day of my antibiotics! Sam is making me ask the doctor if I can have beer... there will always be that double standard! He is taking care of his sister.. but come on.. I had a screw put in my ankle I deserve a beer!! They shoulda had a cold Bintang besar waiting for me as they woke me up from my

California Toddler Tripping: The Last Few Days and Home

Here are a few photos and a video from the last few days of our vacation. This was the best family vacation to date. Of course there were tough times traveling with a toddler but we overcame each challenge as a family and amazing memories were made. I feel very lucky and appreciative to have such an amazing life.  AND… one more video: And then… back to the rain :-( We got another patch for Auntie Mary's quilt.