Skip to main content

California Toddler Tripping: Vancouver - Langley - Seattle - Seaside

We knew that road tripping with a toddler wasn't going to be always pleasant - but we also knew that it would be way better than being on a plane - at least with our toddler. Christian is one and a half on this trip and just like last year he went through some new changes just to mess with us. Luckily, we are a powerful team and we were able to overcome these challenges … so far! 

Our journey started in Vancouver. We stopped at the skate park to drop off used shoes and decks. Some kid is going to be happy. (or bum?) 
Next stop: Langley! We had a visit with Grandma and Grandpa. I love this picture :-) 
Christian likes Grandpa's cars - watch out! 

Next stop: Seattle! 
Light rail to the Crab Pot. 


The Crab Pot - we made it and we ATE it! 

Christian is scoring with the toys on this trip. Now I really understand why I got new toys when my parents took us on road trips! 

Sunset Seattle squirm time. 








On the road again - Ride for cancer blocking the traffic over that big bridge to Astoria.
How logs travel
Next stop: Seaside! We found a patio pub with kids toys. Smart! 



Seaside outlets - (My favourite underoos are here) These benches look too good to be true - and right next to Zumiez… not clamped but shiny and ready to go? Backwards! 
This is a shot before it was forever tarnished in my mind. We have always gone here for food and drinks. The view is impeccable. The rooms - were not! The pool - was not! The people - were not! AND.. the boy… 
Well, we had a nice loft room. 
I thought it would be ok to put the boy upstairs in his pack n' play - and right after I put him in he had climbed out and down the stairs all proud of himself. I brought him back up and told him to show me - and he did. He climbed right out of bed. Well, we can't stay here in this loft room! 






24 hour pool?? When do you clean it? My eyes are burning! Drunk people peeing at night and babies peeing all day. What a nice swim! hahaha! 




But here - he can sleep - new room and floor bed. It took forever to get him to stay there and he was up super early - so we were outta Seaside bright and early.. maybe not so bright… more bleary and weary. 


Now what do we do? Do we go home? Can we train him on our trip? Do we get a crib? Will it fit in the truck? Do they have larger travel beds? As we drove further South we devised a plan that saved our trip and brought us to our new favourite town: Santa Cruz!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

California Dreaming Summer 2023

VIDEO LINK: Video PHOTO ALBUM LINK:  Photo Album

Ankle Day 13

It costs 30 000Rp for half an hour to use the computer at this hotel! I pay like 2 000 back by my old place. It bugs me that it is so expensive... but I guess I am paying for convenience. I am stuck. I can't run away and I can't do what I want when I want. I am dependent on other people and it is great that I have those people.. but I am so independent.. that it is ... sucking in my brain. Ya know? I AM the kid who will run home and go to bed when she is done. I can't do that now. I have to wait or ruin people's fun. WHA! hahaha.. I am fine. Everyday is getting better and today is off to the doctor. It will be Sam's first time meeting Dr. Brown! Today at 12 is also the last day of my antibiotics! Sam is making me ask the doctor if I can have beer... there will always be that double standard! He is taking care of his sister.. but come on.. I had a screw put in my ankle I deserve a beer!! They shoulda had a cold Bintang besar waiting for me as they woke me up from my

Everyone is sleeping!

Goodmorning! I love wifi in the hospital. Everyone is still sleeping. It is 5:43am. I am alive and Andrea is here beside me curled up so cute on two benches. She has been my "mom-friend" and my ears throughout this whole ordeal. As she said, the waves were not good anyways. Ya right! Dewa was out for five hours yesterday. Thanks again Andrea. Ok! So wanna hear the coolest news of all??? Beside my new bionic ankle and using an Indo bedpan? Sam is coming to help me here and take me home!!!! I'm so excited. It is so weird. The night I found out about the break I had a dream and sam was in it. He was laughing a me, eating all the ice cream, drinking tequila, and eating magic mushrooms. I woke up and he had texted that he is coming. And then mom texted that it was true!! I cant wait for him to meet my friends. Yay! I'm sorry his pool shed won't be getting built but maybe I can help when I get back? After I read all that stuff about sprained ankles Andrea got my as