Skip to main content

Bay View State Park and Seattle - From the Woods to the City! June 24 - 27, 2011

Jonny and I decided to get out of the city for the weekend. We did one night of camping at the Bay View State Park in Washington and then a couple of nights at the SeaTac in Seattle, Washington. Check it out: First of all, here is Jonny with one of my old hoodies on... why??? Cause on the way to camping we stopped at Ross and he dorkily forgot his American Apparel hoodie at the Ross while he was trying on T-shirts. He got a little too excited. We have now boycotted the Ross in Bellingham and will not buy any more AA Hoodies. (We went back to see if they had a lost and found but they said they must have hung it up and sold it???) 
Anywho, back to camping! This is Bay View State Park. We got in about 7:30. Jonny started a fire and we cooked some shrimps and chicken on sticks. Quiet time starts at 10. This place had a lot of rules. A LOT! It seemed to us as if someone had too much time on their hands and enjoyed making signs. I think that person needs to get out into the real world for a while and maybe find a new hobby! The place seemed sad. 
OH!! This is a good one!! hahaha!! I had gum surgery right before we left and I couldn't feel the left side of my face. We got randomly pulled over for a check at the border too - haha.. It is hard to talk normal with half a frozen face. I hate that feeling. Not a good time to go and talk to border dudes. 
I was in charge of the tarp. Luckily it didn't rain - below - that is a sun dance! 
The leatherman!! 
chicken on sticks
shrimp on sticks - potatoes in tin foil 
eggs in tin foil - peace! 
Jonny cooking with sticks! 
Jonny checking out the map on the bathroom trail. 
Playing with panorama shots on a walk to the beach. 


Action shot! 
Squinty P
Driving P! 
Seattle Light Rail! SO- we didn't want to spend $200 a night to stay in Seattle... so we found a way!! We got a cheap hotel - the SeaTac Inn $50 and took the Light Rail right into the city. It is the same as the Sky Train except it goes on the road. It is weird to be right beside people in their cars. It cost $11 for both of us all day and it was about a 45 minute ride to the city centre. 
This was our first stop in the city - pizza and a Stella. We watched the Rock and Roll marathoners walk around after they had finished their long runs!! 
IAN!!!!!!!!!!! Best room mate ever!! 
Shorty's Bar
I really don't remember why I was touching my nose??? 
Peace out water view! 
Here it is!! THE CRAB POT!!! 
I had the hiccups and could do nothing but go home and pass out after this meal! We recommend everyone go here at least once and I look forward to one day being there with mom, dad, Sam, Belle, Laya, and Heidi!! 


There is a P for Paula at the bottom of my beer glass!! 
View from our hotel: The Sea Tac Inn. Across the way is the airport. 
Jonny playing with the camera while I am napping! Thanks Jonny!
Trying to take a photo in the mirror. 
LOVE! 
Good morning!! 
Scary face!! What did you say I looked like again Jonny? A Smurf?? 
View from the Light Train - some dinosaur art. 
Down by the water pointing at the city scape. Look - it is sunny!!! 
Jonny by the water. 
Posing by the carousel. 
Posing by the Stella's at the Blarney Stone. We were watching some characters roll by after the Pride parade. 
Shorty's again! 
Keep trying Jonny - it isn't all water! 
Still trying... 
Pinball!! 

Wall art on the walk back to University station. 
Pike Place Market sign from our walk back to the station. 
Sam is always watching ... 
Beauty and bounty ... that is SAM! (Seattle Art Museum) 
Train station - going back to the hotel. 
Bathroom art in Shorty's. 
More bathroom art. 
Stopped at the Nike outlet on the way home and got Jonny some new hoodies... and I got the cutest pair of Nike Airs for Kelly's new boy William!! 
We finished off our trip at the Olive Garden in Bellingham - when we stopped to look for Jonny's hoodie. We got the all you can eat soup, salad, and bread sticks with non-stop pop - $20 for both of us. WOW!! We were so full.. and it wasn't THAT unhealthy. We also did a cruise through Birch Bay to see if we would want to do a camping trip there sometime. BUT.. that place looked SAD! Even the water slides are for sale. It is beautiful.. but run down. I remember that place being so fun when I was a kid. 

Well, that is our clamping - city adventure. The highlight was definitely The CRAB POT!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

California Dreaming Summer 2023

VIDEO LINK: Video PHOTO ALBUM LINK:  Photo Album

Ankle Day 13

It costs 30 000Rp for half an hour to use the computer at this hotel! I pay like 2 000 back by my old place. It bugs me that it is so expensive... but I guess I am paying for convenience. I am stuck. I can't run away and I can't do what I want when I want. I am dependent on other people and it is great that I have those people.. but I am so independent.. that it is ... sucking in my brain. Ya know? I AM the kid who will run home and go to bed when she is done. I can't do that now. I have to wait or ruin people's fun. WHA! hahaha.. I am fine. Everyday is getting better and today is off to the doctor. It will be Sam's first time meeting Dr. Brown! Today at 12 is also the last day of my antibiotics! Sam is making me ask the doctor if I can have beer... there will always be that double standard! He is taking care of his sister.. but come on.. I had a screw put in my ankle I deserve a beer!! They shoulda had a cold Bintang besar waiting for me as they woke me up from my

Everyone is sleeping!

Goodmorning! I love wifi in the hospital. Everyone is still sleeping. It is 5:43am. I am alive and Andrea is here beside me curled up so cute on two benches. She has been my "mom-friend" and my ears throughout this whole ordeal. As she said, the waves were not good anyways. Ya right! Dewa was out for five hours yesterday. Thanks again Andrea. Ok! So wanna hear the coolest news of all??? Beside my new bionic ankle and using an Indo bedpan? Sam is coming to help me here and take me home!!!! I'm so excited. It is so weird. The night I found out about the break I had a dream and sam was in it. He was laughing a me, eating all the ice cream, drinking tequila, and eating magic mushrooms. I woke up and he had texted that he is coming. And then mom texted that it was true!! I cant wait for him to meet my friends. Yay! I'm sorry his pool shed won't be getting built but maybe I can help when I get back? After I read all that stuff about sprained ankles Andrea got my as